Saturday, November 8, 2008

New additions at the shop



Meet the newest members of the stitching group at Berri Patch. This is the best picture I could get. Of course they're way more beautiful in person. I bought the three zebra finches at the Good Living Marketplace in downtown Hartsville last week. Since they were going to live in the shop they simply had to have stitching names; hence Smyrna Cross, Herringbone and Montenegrin (or Smyrna, Harry and Monty for short.) They chirp, twitter, and squeak almost all day.

I was at the Good Living Marketplace last week because I bought a booth space to do some promotion for Berri Patch. I put out a few models, printed up class listings and coupons to hand out, and a few of my friends sat and stitched and talked to the shoppers. We had a great time!

4 comments:

Gina E. said...

Oh dear...Sherri, I hope you have all females, or all males with your Zebra finches. We were given four by a friend who had two in a cage like yours, but they started hatching eggs all over the cage, in the food containers, on the floor, etc. and our friend decided they would be better off in my husband's walk-in aviaries. That was about 6 months ago, and we now have over 50 of these finches!!! They breed like mice, lol!

Joan said...

Hello!
Looks like you had a good time at the 'Marketplace'
Love the new additions, maybe if they breed you could start selling birds as well LOL!
Cheers Joan ((*_*))

Donna said...

Hi Sherri, Thank you for leaving me a message on my blog. I just checked out your shop photos. It look so nice and the fabric is so nice and folded. Best of luck at your shop and from reading the other post good luck with the birds.

Anonymous said...

Sweet shop companions!