Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Opportunity knocked!

Last week I was offered the chance to move my shop to a downtown location and I jumped at it! Downtown Hartsville is alive with galleries, banks, restaurants, theaters, a museum, great shopping, etc. The space is in a large building that houses several businesses. I have the back half of one side with glass doors that lead out to a nice public parking area. Here's a picture from the back door looking towards the front. Definitely an empty slate.


Here's from the front looking back. It's really not that dark. There's Bob bringing in tools to install pegboard along one wall.


My space is divided from the front space by a section of booths where local artists offer their items for sale.



The front section is a fabulous jewelry and bead shop that is just getting started. It was the owner of this section that asked me about moving in. The center section is scrapbooking and invitations.




The shop on the right side has great bags, gifts and baby items with custom monogramming.


Here is the building from the main street. We'll be working on the windows and I understand that the owner may be updating the facade this spring.


I am sooooo excited I can hardly sleep! The blend of needlework, beading, and scrapbooking is perfect and the jewelry and gifts are like icing on the cake. We started moving furniture yesterday.

3 comments:

Patricia Lessell said...

Oh I do wish you lots and lots of luck and sure it will be a huge success. Love Patti xxx

Candy said...

Wow!!!! I love the new location! Is it possible to get locked in for a week or so in your new store? Just think, a bead store,a cross-stitch store and a scrape book store all under one roof! If I packed some lunch (and a few snacks) I would think I had died and gone to heaven! Good Luck!!!
Candy

Theresa said...

What a great location!!! Good luck and best wishes for a great success!!!!