Sunday, January 17, 2010

Preamble Sampler

On New Year's Day I thought it would be fun to have a New Year's new start. As I stared at my list of HSSYs (Haven't Started Stitching Yet) I found myself more interested in projects I had already started. So I decided to get back on my stitching rotation of putting at least 10 hours on each of my projects before moving on to something else.

So I finished Treat Your Self Well and Desert Rose and posted those last week. I'm now working on my oldest WIP, Preamble Sampler. I started it back in 2004. Here's what it will look like:


And here's where I am so far:


One of the things that attracted me to this pattern is the "star stitch" that goes all the way around the flag to look like gold fringe.


You'll notice, too, that all the white is done in smyrna cross instead of regular cross stitch so that it will show up. I think it really pops on this "dirty" linen.

Don't forget to check out my give-away for the Treat Your Self Well chart. Enter here if you haven't already done so. I'll do the drawing tonight.

10 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! I don't recognize this one -- so neat! I really love the colors on yours. I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Faye said...

LOVE that star design in yellow!~~ omg...it just makes the piece....nice! Faye

monique said...

What a neat design.. that star border looks so neat,, you're right!

Theresa said...

Wow!! This is such an interesting piece!!!!! Those yellow stars are so cool!!!

Tommye said...

So beautiful, Sherri. Love the border. The smyrnas make the white pop, but man, I hate doing them.

Siobhán said...

Wow, that is so pretty. The white really does pop off the linen, and I love the stars along the border. YGG for picking up a WIP, too!

Nancy said...

This is going to be a gorgeous piece! I love the star border, and thanks for showing it close up. Enjoy!

Giovanna said...

That star stitch looks like great fun. Lovely stitching!

Karen said...

Very pretty design! Can't wait to see your progress on it.

Beverly... aka StitchinSmiley said...

Hi there! I don't know if you still check here or not, but in case you do.... I would LOVE to stitch this pattern. Could you tell me the details on who makes it> I can't seem to find any information on it. Thank you!