Thursday, December 2, 2010

Recycling For Gift Boxes

I finished my Christmas present sewing yesterday and tried to put my mind around boxing and wrapping.  I no longer care for traditional wrapping paper and purchased gift boxes (such a waste).  So this morning I grabbed some cereal and cracker boxes, some ribbon remnants from Michael's floral department, and some tissue paper I saved from a recent shopping spree. 


I'm please with the result.  I think these look interesting and scream "Green Christmas".  I found a tutorial for turning a cereal box into a gift box here.  Once I got the hang of it they went pretty fast.  Now I'm off to find some shipping boxes to recycle!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Wow! How clever and practical! I'm going to bookmark that link. Thanks!

Sylvia said...

I love what you did! I am not a fan of wrapping paper, and so I do lots of gift bags which I use over, and over - if it is something for the family - I don't take my gift bag back if I am giving something to someone outside of the family. LOL. This takes it to another level. Definitely will have to try this.

Siobhán said...

What a clever idea! Thanks!

Sharon said...

Cute! :)