1. Pick a greeting card you like. Since this was for a baby shower, I chose this cute little bear. Make sure there is plenty of unprinted space on the inside of the card.
2. Pick a cute gift card. The wish list for this shower included Target gift cards. I fell in love with this little baby buggy. Now, pull the card off it's carrier and throw away any envelope or holder it came with!
3. Find some scrap book paper that coordinates with the card and envelope. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I like to keep a stash of papers just for projects like this. This bit of stash will work perfectly!
4. Cut out a piece of the scrap book paper that is large enough to fit the gift card behind it. If you have decorative paper scissors, use them to create a nice edge.
5. Using a glue stick, glue around all the edges except the top. Place the paper on the inside of the card and press down to seal. This makes a little pocket. Be sure to leave the top edge unglued!
6. Insert gift card so part of it sticks out. I cut a teeny piece of post it note to write the amount of the gift card and stuck it to the back of the card.
You can also use the pocket as a money holder. Actually, I first came up with this idea for a wedding shower when all the guests were giving cash. It's really hard to find a nice (not cheesy) money holder. This is perfect for graduations, birthdays, weddings, Christmas, or any occasion!
Until next time, happy stitching (and crafting)