Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sewing Doll Clothes

Some time ago, I embarked on a journey to sew an entire wardrobe of clothes for Aislyn's and Alyse's American Girl dolls.  I had the most fun!!  Most of the patterns I used were free online somewhere but I did buy some patterns from Liberty Jane.  They have the cutest things.  Anyway, here are a few outfits from this endeavor:




I borrowed the Julie doll from my neighbor to use as a model.  Isn't she beautiful!  All three of the above dresses were made with the "Color Block Dress Pattern" from Heritage Doll Fashions.


This summer dress was made with the FREE "Drawstring Dress Pattern" also from Heritage Doll Fashions.  I cut up a baby dress I found at a thrift store.  I guess you could also call these "Pillowcase Dresses".  They're super fun to make.




The skirts in both of these outfits were made using the Harajuku Station Skirt Pattern from Liberty Jane.  I used thrift store finds again and the shirt of the first outfit used the FREE Trendy T-Shirt Pattern from Liberty Jane.  The second shirt used the Spaghetti Strap Tank Pattern, also from Liberty Jane.  As it turned out, Alyse has the same pink skull shirt I cut up to make this one. I think all the girls like to match their dolls.!




These two play outfits were also made from baby clothes I found at the thrift store.  I didn't use a pattern for the pants, but just cut them down to size.  The shirts were made from the FREE t-shirt pattern at Second Chance Studio and the FREE Trendy Tank Top Pattern from Liberty Jane.

Well, that's enough for today.  I'll post the rest of the wardrobes another time.  In the meantime, if you're looking for more free doll clothes patterns, check out my board on Pinterest.

Happy stitching!

No comments: