Sunday, August 18, 2013

Blackbird PIncushion and More Quiet Book Pages

I've continued to work on Leo's quiet book, but took a break to finish this pincushion.  It's "Bluebird" from Blackbird Designs but obviously it's not blue!  I had some overdyed silk floss laying around that I decided to use instead.  I stuffed it with crushed walnut shells and finished it off with come vintage lace I found on ebay and some little white buttons from the Paris flea market.


Now, on to the quiet book.  Here are the most recent pages:

This pet shop page came from the Snugglebug University blog.  You can find the free templates here.


Leo can rescue the puppy from the pet shop and take it home to its own doghouse!  The door on the doghouse closes to play peak a boo.



Here's a page to put your hand in the mitten.


A train page.  The wheels button on and off.


And ta da!!  The centerfold of the book is the car page.  Leo can drive from home to the lake with the little car.  The lights on the stoplight are fastened with velcro.


Just a few more pages and I'll be ready to put them together.

Happy stitching!
Sherri

No comments: