In the meantime, I pulled a motif from Hanah's sampler and made it up as a pyn pillow. I used 30ct Mocha linen from Weeks Dye Works and DMC floss, filled it with sawdust and added a blanket stitched edging with brown #8 perle cotton. I really enjoyed this project, and decided to offer the pattern here as a freebie.
Note added 10/9/09: Okay, I'm embarrassed! Apparently you have to be logged in to your google account to print or save this freebie. If you don't have a google account, sorry! The file storage site I use is no longer available so I thought I'd try Google Docs. I'm on my out the door for a weekend trip, I'll figure something out when I get back.
Click here to download a pdf copy of Hannah's Flower Basket. If you stitch it up, I'd love to see a photo of what you've done and would love to post it here on my blog. My email address is in my profile.
Just a side note, the background fabric for the photo is an apron made by my Grandma Shingleton from a feed sack. More on feedsacks will be coming up in another post.